Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Returning to Sligo!

  Glencar Waterfalls

 On our way to Alice's home, we stopped at Glencar Waterfalls.  It was quite a lovely place.




I love how this sheep seemed to get tired of the up and down with his head to eat, so decided to kneel down!




We carried on to Easkey, where my wonderful friend, Alice, lives.  She was a true angel when we arrived.  She jumped into action to take care of Roger and got Roger an appointment at the clinic. She also encouraged us to stay with her until Roger was back on the mend!
Picture of sundown from Alice's house.

Tower/Castle of Easkey
 When Roger started feeling better we toured around the area of Easkey.  Below is the Easkey tower.  We had a great time climbing inside and around it.




























This is a bug house created for bugs to reside in order to help pollination!

 The Abbey in Easkey

We then enjoyed wandering around the Abbey in the village of Easkey.

 The village of Easkey


Bleeker Woods
We took a day trip to Ballina and walked in Bleeker Woods.  It was wonderful!

A Hermitage


This is an icehouse built in 1815.





We met Ruby and her human at the duck pond.  She was having a great time in the water!


Mausoleum
Rathlee

Many times I ponder how I plan things, and then God gently prods my situations to point me in the direction He wishes me to go.  Thirteen years ago, I leased a house.  It was supposed to be in the town of Ballina, however this did not happen.  I was put in a village called Rathlee.  Because I was put there, I met two wonderful ladies, Alice and Mary.

This is the house I was leased. This is the church where I met Alice and Gerry.  They became such great friends!

And this is the field where the precious colt and his mother resided, the horse who nibbled a portion of my ear.  Had I not had them next door, I would not have been nibbled, and would not have returned home earlier than expected.  Had I not returned home at that time, I would have missed out on thirteen years singing with a wonderful chorus, ASOC,  and meeting the great people of that chorus.  Isn't life incredible!!
This is my friend, Mary.  Her family basically adopted me when I was there before.  They took me grocery shopping.  They took me to the Pub, and they leant me a bike to ride while I was there.  Mary, and her family created some wonderful memories of this place.
It was so wonderful seeing my friends again in Sligo county.  Both Roger and I were quite sad when we had to move on on our adventure of Ireland.  We look forward to the time we can return and spend more time with these marvelous friends.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see your pictures of Sligo Cheryl. Makes me homesick. Looks like you are enjoying your adventures...

    KKG

    ReplyDelete