Thursday, August 4, 2016

Blessings

Sunday, I had the honor of singing for our Sunday Service.  What a real joy to sing for our Lord one of my favorite hymns, Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing.  And how appropriate, as Roger and I take stock of how bounteous God has been with His blessings to us.  It is our hopes that we utilize these many blessings to further His purpose and to glorify Him!
The sermon on Sunday reminded me that it is not all about me.  How hard it is for a Diva such as myself to let these ideas sink into my thick brain.  Our pastor reminded us that as we share in our blessings, the joy is multiplied.
Our first blessing is the ability to take this year long trip to various parts of this great globe we call home.  Roger and I are so excited to have finally begun our journey.
Our next blessing I would like to share with you is the generosity of our daughter in allowing us to create a home away from home in her house.  This will be our touchstone place in between our various trips we travel this year.
Our Home Away from Home

Our third blessing I will recount this post is the generosity of our cousins, Jessica and Bob, in sharing their home in Asheville.  This will be our home until the end of August.
Asheville Home for August!


No comments:

Post a Comment