Sunday, December 4, 2016

Puppy Paradise!!

Wales
We are now in Cwmcou (pronounced coom-coi), New Castle Emlyn, Wales.  What a beautiful place.  Our first day in Wales was an adventure.  We took three separate trains from Dover to Camarthen.  We did not do much scouting out as to what we were to do on our change overs, mistakenly thinking it was going to be a simple change from one train to another.  Well, we were oh so wrong.  When we got to London, we discovered we were going to not only change trains, but needed to take the Tube to another station  By the time we got to the appropriate station and found the trains, we were two minutes late, and therefore, missed our train.  We had to wait about an hour for the next train.  After that, the train was late and we missed the next train we were to take by 15 minutes.  We caught the next train after hanging out at the station in the cold.  This train was so full, because another train did not come and it was toting two train's worth of passengers.  It was literally standing room only.  We were standing in the aisle as we trekked through county after county of the United Kingdom.  We finally arrived at the station we were to be picked up about an hour late.  It was pitch black and we could not see the beauty of this place.
We were welcomed to our "new home" by the lovely Marie and Malcolm.  We will be here for another 6 weeks taking care of their puppies.  They have four wonderful "babies" who have been such a joy to play with.  I have truly missed having dogs around.  Such personalities.  Such fun!



I cannot seem to get all four into one picture.  They are a bundle of energy.  It is so fun to walk with them around the lanes and play with them in the paddock.  They each have their own, special personality.  We have the Grand Dame, the teen-age wiley one, the Gentle Giant, and the Mischievious ut loving Lug!!  What absolute joy they are!






We get to enjoy glorious sunrises and sunsets every morning.  Each morning, God paints 
another glorious picture in the sky and kisses us goodnight with loving colors.  The air is also 
so full of oxygen, I can feel the difference in my lungs.


 We are also about 10 minutes away from the coast.  This is not the nearest coastal town to us, but Newport. We went to visit here after we scouted out where my sister and her family will be staying over Christmas.  Yes, believe it or not, I go to Wales and I get to be with family!  Life is good!


 This is a site from the town near us, Newcastle Emlyn.  How joyous am I to have found 
this serene area!  I wish pictures could truly share the beauty that surrounds us here!


 Today, Roger and I went to a church in the town of Cardigan.  What an uplifting experience.  Roger and I both felt immediately at home and welcomed.  We spoke to so many people who made us feel as if we had known them for a long time.
The pastor spoke of Baptism, and giving your whole self over to Christ.  He talked about having the resolve to every day renew our dedication to our Lord.  He also talked about how we do not wait until we are "good enough" before we get baptized.  He spoke of how God wants us to come to Him how we are and we are then cleaned and made complete by Him.  How wonderful to be able to come before the Lord as we are with no pretense, and He loves us just that way.
I am hopeful that I share His love with each of you in all my interactions I have with you.  Because I am loved, I am able to love.  And I do, I love each of you.
Many blessings to all of you this Advent Season as we wait upon Our Lord!!





No comments:

Post a Comment